Policies at GW are created and maintained with the purpose of encouraging a culture of ethical, social, professional and legal behavior. Policies serve to communicate GW’s vision, mission and strategic plan while protecting its people and reputation.
University policies work to:
- convey the university’s mission and support the execution of its strategy
- aid faculty, staff and students to clearly understand expectations for their actions
- influence behavior and decision-making
- foster a positive and respectful community environment
- meet legal standards which apply to the university