Find a Policy
TO FIND A POLICY, USE THE MENU ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE OR THE SEARCH BAR ON THE TOP RIGHT
To search within the policy PDF, use CTRL+F and simply type the word you are searching for in the box.
University policies work to:
- convey the university’s mission and support the execution of its strategy
- aid faculty, staff and students to clearly understand expectations for their actions
- influence behavior and decision-making
- foster a positive and respectful community environment
- meet legal standards which apply to the university
- Academic Affairs & Faculty policies focus on topics related to faculty affairs, specifically related to scholarly work and and academic publications.
- Code of Conduct policies focus on ethical behavior and creating a safe and respectful environment for all members of the university community.
- Communications policies focus on topics related to the use of external advertising and social media to promote the university and licensing and trademark requirements.
- Finance policies focus on topics related to university financial operations including payroll management, tax reporting, procurement, accounting and budget and gift management.
- Human Resources policies focus on topics related to employee standards of conduct and employment status.
- Information Technology policies focus on topics related to appropriate use of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW.
- Organizational Governance and Administration policies focus on topics related to university-wide responsibilities with regards to governance and regulatory requirements.
- Public Safety and Risk Management policies focus on topics related to general safety and security standards required across the university.
- Research policies focus on topics related to the financial, administrative and compliance requirements involved in the lifecycle of research.
- Student Services policies focus on topics related to health, services and privacy matters focused on university students.